Understanding and Supporting Behaviour course
On successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain what makes behaviour challenging for teachers and learners
- Describe the theories about behaviours, and how they’ve shaped education practice
- Reflect on your own thinking and assumptions about behaviour
- Describe the internal and external influences that can place additional pressures on pupils
- Review school learning environments to identify where improvements can be made
- Use Maslow’s hierarchy of needs to assess whether pupils’ basic needs are being met
- Utilise an ABC approach to assess the function of behaviour
- Assess the impact of the incentives and sanctions used in your setting
- Create comfortable and interesting learning environments
- Employ strategies that establish ground rules, influence groups and support pupils with additional learning needs
- Draw on a range of scripts and communication strategies to influence positive pupil behaviour
- Set SMART goals and implement strategies to manage and support behaviour
How much does it cost?
You have two choices:
Tutored – usual price
£240.00 , now just £144.00 (including VAT) - offer ends March 31st 2018
Guided – usual price
£90.00 , now just £48.00 (including VAT) - offer ends March 31st 2018. Guided versions of our sensory courses are not available.
What does this include?
|Access to your course for||12 months||6 months|
|Online support from a specialist tutor while you complete the course (typically 3-4 months)|||||
|One point of direct contact with your tutor (by phone, Skype, FaceTime), which you agree between you|||||
|Guidance on SMART goal writing|||||
|Certificate on passing|||||
|Buy now||Buy now|
This course is CPD certified.
An employer purchasing places for a number of people might opt for more tutor contact, such as a group workshop, which would incur an additional charge to cover the tutor’s time and travel expenses.
Alternatively, schools or local authorities enrolling a number of employees on a course might opt to have an in-house specialist provide tutor support. In this situation, the in-house specialist would complete the course(s) as a participant first, and take part in tutor training.
Organisations can also be eligible for discounts on multiple purchases – If you’d like to explore options, please get in touch.
Feedback from our participants
“I have monitored and been more observant of what has been happening in the classroom and outside, I’ve been more persistent and consistent. This has had a much bigger and positive outcome for the children I work with.
“I feel that I have a better understanding of just how much the classroom environment and resources can affect a student’s willingness and ability to learn. Furthermore, although I have always been aware that certain students do not accept praise, especially in front of their peers, I had never thought to say things like "I have enjoyed working with you/this group this lesson." and have always relied on sending praise postcards home.
“I have enjoyed and found it very useful hearing other peoples’ goals and interventions and sharing ideas and hope to continue with learning more about others’ strategies.
Learning Support Assistant (LSA)
“I have learnt to always approach each lesson as if it is the first with your student. Always have a fresh start. I have learnt to control low level disruption immediately to avoid confrontation and escalating behaviour.