Wellbeing and Mental Health: free funded places. Only at TES SEN London
17th Sep 2019
We’re excited to announce that we will be offering free funded places to schools on our new course Supporting Wellbeing and Mental Health in Schools. Visit us on stand 123 at the TES SEN Show, London 4-5 October 2019, to apply.
With an estimated three children in every classroom reported to have a diagnosable mental health issue, the wellbeing and mental health of pupils and staff is a key priority for every school.
Our Supporting Wellbeing and Mental Health in Schools course has been designed to provide school staff with the practical tools and strategies they need to help children who need mental health support. It looks at the potential impact that mental health difficulties can have on pupil outcomes and shows how to create a mentally healthy school.
Upon completion of this course, school staff will be able to:
- understand the potential impact of mental health disorders on pupil outcomes
- recognise the main influences on wellbeing and mental health
- explain the relationship between mental health and disability
- develop a conceptual framework for supporting mental health in schools
- choose from a range of specific approaches and tools that schools can adopt to support and monitor pupil wellbeing
- appreciate the significance of staff mental health and wellbeing
- create and employ a ‘whole school approach’ action plan
- create a mentally healthy school where pupils and teachers can thrive
TES SEN offer
To celebrate our first ever TES SEN Show we are offering free funded places to eligible staff in schools across the UK. Find out more by visiting us on stand 123.
Find out more about the course by visiting our Supporting Wellbeing and Mental Health in Schools course page