Vision Impairment course
On successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Locate and label parts of the eye, and identify common eye conditions
- Describe the impact that vision loss has on child development, learning and social inclusion
- Explain the additional learning needs associated with vision loss
- Use checklists to carry out observations of a student’s functional vision
- Make appropriate adjustments in the classroom environment to support the learning and social inclusion of visually impaired students
- Apply a graduated response to meeting the needs of vision impaired pupils based on the assess, plan, do review cycle
- Describe your role in implementing an Education Health and Care Plan
- Modify materials to enable students to access print and other media
- Utilise low vision aids and high tech aids to improve access to learning
- Contribute to the planning of interventions that take into account a child’s developmental profile and needs
- Employ strategies that enable students to increase their independent learning, mobility and habitation skills
- Explain the range of different education settings for sensory impairments
- Set SMART goals and implement strategies for improving learner outcomes
Register to access our free courses, or pay for tutored courses.
Your details will be kept safe, and won’t be shared with any third parties.
How much does it cost?
Our courses are competitively priced and we offer discounts to individuals, schools and organisations depending on your needs.
You can also use the chat option which appears at the bottom of every page if someone is available, to chat to a member of the team.
This course will take between 16-20 hours to complete.
This course is CPD certified.
Feedback from our participants
“This course made me more aware of the individual challenges students face day to day. It has also shown me, that there are many useful tools that can be used to help VI students. I'm now in a better position to assist and learn new strategies. I would recommend this course to others.
Learning Support Assistant
“This course has prepared me to take into account further considerations relating to the successful inclusion of children with VI. In particular, the strategies can be organised into a sort of checklist to be used when children with VI attend High School.
“This course has helped me understand there are many different eye conditions. I am more aware of the individual daily challenges. I think I'm now in a better position to assist students and I have learned new support strategies. I would recommend this course to others.
Learning Support Assistant